Monday, February 25, 2008

orange is the color of awesome

So, my sister’s pretty cool. I like to think I’m as cool as her sometimes but, let’s face it, who am I kidding? Holly likes orange. A lot. No, you don’t understand, if it were possible to go out with a color, she would totally be dating orange. I like orange, too. Not as much as Holly but I enjoy it. Well, she turned me on to a pretty awesome blog called How About Orange… It is by far one of the coolest blogs that I’ve visited. It’s kinda crafty, dare I say a little girly at times, but totally awesome.

The blogger behind it, Jessica Jones, has incredible taste and talent. She’s a graphic designer and great DIY-er (if that’s not a real word, it is now). Anyways, the blog isn’t just about the color orange. In fact, the majority isn’t (okay, so it kind of is). It’s mostly about ways to make your house/apartment/domicile the most awesome place it can be. Almost all the “projects” (that’s the less gay way to say “crafts”) are low budget and highly awesome. You don’t have to be an expert at anything to make said projects either. You just have to have enough sense to realize what she does is really cool.

I really dig it because she mixes in graphic design stuff (which I’m into) with really cool projects (which I’m also into) with other random thought. Go check it out!



Disclaimer: I am totally straight. So I like what some may call “crafty things”…sue me. I like doing projects, not crafts. PROJECTS. Just remember when you laugh at me, my house will be way cooler than your house someday. Read THIS post form the blog. She feels the same way, which makes her even cooler.



2 comments:

hollister said...

I wouldn't be dating orange, we would totally be married and have like 7 kids! I love orange that much. Thanks for thinking I'm pretty cool. I think the same thing about you most of the time. Love you Monkey boy!!

hollister said...

Hi Mike,

It's me Kayce. I work with Holly. I just wanted to say that I find your blogs about your sister very informative and I will use what ever details about her to my advantage. You are the ammo to my insult rifle and I thank you! LOL Just kidding I am totally thrilled I have met your sister and she definately does ROCK!!


**I didn't write this... Kayce did. Really, she thinks I'm cool, for real. **