Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Get out of my head, Disney Channel!!


We have a 3 ½ year old daughter who’s probably the cutest thing in the world. I love every bit of her little guts. She loves the Disney Channel. That’s where the issue starts. I’m a fan of Disney and the entertaining and educational cartoons they make. Brooklyn has surprised me a lot with how much she knows while watching said shows. What I don’t understand is how Disney, with their limitless power and wealth, can hire on one of the most annoying singing voices ever. I’m talking, of course, of Annie from Little Einsteins. She has a voice that makes me want to break things when I hear it. It physically makes my head hurt. That’s kinda sad because it’s a really good show and Brooklyn loves it but Annie totally ruins it, for me and probably for the world. And as if her voice isn’t bad enough, she puts words to classical music and those words cannot escape my brain. I find myself singing them throughout the day. When I try to replace it with a different song, it’s either another trainwreck that Annie sings or it’s a song from another show like Johnny and the Sprites or Lazytown. I can’t escape it. I almost wish it was Hannah Montana or High School Musical but I don’t know any songs from those shows (I swear). At least they are relatively talented. If you are a parent, then you know my pain. I’m fully aware that some have it worse than me but that never stops me from a good whine-fest. “Oh, yes, oh, yes, it’s Springtime! Oh, yes, oh, yes, it’s Spr-mmmfffffff” Pillow to the face for you, Annie!!

No comments: