Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'll give up pop when I die...


I will pretty much never be able to give up soda. Ever. I like it to much. I wouldn't say I'm "addicted", I can stop whenever I want! Okay, that's a huge lie. I could never do that. Reason being is the alternatives have limits. Water is good but it has no flavor and is totally boring. Juice is good, and sometimes even good for you, but can get expensive. But POP!! Pop is cheap and delicious and in no way good for you. Put all the vitamins you want in it, Coke, it's still bad for you.

My soda Mecca, if you will, lies in Scottsdale. It's called Pop the Soda Shop and it is a beauty to behold. Different sodas from all around the country and the world. It looks like about 800 sq. ft. of wall to wall liquid goodness. They even have some that claim to be good for you but I generally steer clear of those and go straight for the good stuff. I found, what I think, is one of the best root beers I've ever had. It goes by the name of Capt. Eli's. It's a very refreshing root beer flavor, not too sweet with a little bite to it. What I really like about it is that there is a hint of wintergreen that works wonders with the overall flavors. I highly suggest you try one...or six. If you don't like it, you are crazy.

You really cant go wrong with too much at Pop. The staff is pretty knowledgeable (some more than others) and the prices are great for trying new things. There's not too much that's over a dollar a bottle.

Here's a few suggestions if you go:
Capt. Eli's Root Beer
Boylan's Cane Cola (or anything Boylan's)
Henry Weinhard's (any flavor)
Dublin Dr. Pepper
Hank's Vanilla Cream Soda




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this place! Every time I go they never have Ale-8-one. Maybe I should ask about it next time!