Wednesday, April 9, 2008

So...what do you do all day?

I’ve been asked by several people where I found some of the stuff I’ve posted. While some of it came from random surfing, there are several websites that I visit throughout the day that I love. My day doesn’t seem complete without at least one visit to these awesome sites. This isn’t all of them but these are the big ones. Also, I haven’t posted stuff from all these sites, just a few. But I highly recommend all of them. I’ll include a little description with each so you’ll know what it’s about and if it’s worth the trip across the World Wide Web for you (in my opinion they all are). Here’s my list of great time wasters:

www.woot.com – This site has one thing for sale each day until it's sold out and it’s usually at a good price.
www.tanga.com – Much like Woot but this one has daily puzzles you can solve. I think Woot is better for buying though.
www.uncrate.com – If something cool or awesome or both is about to come out or is available now, these guys will find it and let you know where you can get it. One of my favorites. They also run www.bargainist.com (good deals and freebies) and www.outblush.com (for the lady folk).
www.thesneeze.com – This is one awesome site. It gets kinda cussy at certain points but not overwhelmingly so. I highly recommend starting with Steve, Don’t Eat It and then going anywhere on the site after that. It’s all great. I got my sister hooked on this one. Definitely at the top of the list.
www.craigslist.com – If you don’t know what this one is you obviously don’t know how to use the internet, or don’t have it, and you probably aren’t even reading this anyways, so…yeah…
http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com – This is a great design/DIY blog done by a talented Graphic Designer named Jessica Jones. She’s also funny and very entertaining and has tons of snazzy projects to make your house/apartment cooler than it currently is (and, yes, that’s possible). She also has a bunch of links on the left side of her blog that lead to equally cool websites.
www.gmail.com – I pretty much leave this one up all day. I check email, write emails but mostly chat with my sister and whatever friends I have left. If you don’t have a Gmail account, ditch Hotmail or Yahoo and do yourself a favor. It’s, like, 1.21 Jigawatts better!
www.google.com – I’m not even going to bother explaining this…
www.gizmodo.com – This is one of my top favorite because I’m a nerd. I like gadgets and electronics and dorky stuff. I also like humor. Lucky for me this site combines all of them into a super-techno-funny-blog. If you’re at all interested in cool gadgety stuff, check this site out. It’s updated throughout the day so there’s always something new to read.
www.musiciansfriend.com – This is where I go to drool over guitars. Faded Cherry Flying V, you will be mine some day. Oh yes, you will be mine.
www.tigerdirect.com – This is where I go to drool over computer parts. Newegg is good, too.
www.azcentral.com – Local and Global news. I’ve even written reviews of four restaurants on this site right HERE. So you know they’re top notch.

That’s all you really need to know about right now. I’m sure there are more but it’s too much effort to remember all of them. Besides, these should keep you plenty busy. If you know of any other fun sites that aren’t listed please leave them in the comments for me and the other three people who actually read this blog. We’ll entertain each other indirectly through the internet. It’ll be fun.

1 comment:

The Fletchies said...

Okay so what job do you have that lets you look at all of these sites all day long? Now I know why you are such an on top of it blogger. P.S. please don't share any of these with devin because the computer is already his best friend between looking up bands and reading web comics. I take second place. okay not really but he doesn't need another distraction.