Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Kristy

I ran into a good friend the other day who I haven't seen for a long time. She's so awesome! Everyone should know her! So let me introduce to you (if you don't know her already) Kristy! We've been buds for a long time. I want to say Jr. High is when we actually met. We just kept hanging out with the same group of friends all the way through college where we had even more of a blast! Here's some memories I'd like to share from the college years . . .

We loved to get people in the middle of our hugs. We'd call them Kristy(i) sandwiches (when actually the sandwich should be called after the person in the middle in which case this would be a Michael sandwich.)

Here we are again with said Michael at a Homecoming parade! The theme was "No Badgers" from whatever movie that was on so a bunch of us thought it would be funny to put duct tape on our bottoms and spell out EAC No Badgers. Why that was funny I don't really remember, but we had a blast (Everyone told me I had a nice "A":) So we ran around during the parade all together thinking we were hilarious. I guess that's what a small town like Thatcher will do to you and I don't regret it one bit!

Kristy and Evelyn stayed at my house after a college temple trip. I loved having sleep-overs at my house with my college friends. Thanks mom for putting up with us!


Okay, here's a true Kristy(i) sandwich thanks to Jake (left) and Zach (right). Aww, those were the days.

On another weird note having to do with the name Kristy . . .

I was driving home today when I heard this song say "Kristy are you doing okay?" So I looked at my display (it tells me the artist and song title) The above line is the title and it's sung by Offspring. Crazy! Here's the lyrics . . .

There’s a moment in time
And it’s stuck in my mind
Way back, when we were just kids

Cause your eyes told the tale
Of an act of betrayal
I knew that somebody did

Oh, waves of time
Seem to wash away
The scenes of our crimes
But for you this never ends

Can you stay strong?
Can you go on?
Kristy are you doing okay?
A rose that won’t bloom
Winter’s kept you
Don’t waste your whole life trying
To get back what was taken away

Though the marks on your dress
Had been neatly repressed
I knew that something was wrong
And I should have spoke out
And I’m so sorry now
I didn’t know
Cause we were so young

Oh, clouds of time
Seem to rain on
Innocence left behind
And it never goes away

Can you stay strong?
Can you go on?
Kristy are you doing okay?
A rose that won’t bloom
Winter’s kept you
Don’t waste your whole life trying
To get back what was taken away

Oh, clouds of time
Seem to rain on
Innocence left behind
And it never goes away (It never goes away)
It never goes away

Can you stay strong?
Can you go on?
Kristy are you doing okay?
A rose that won’t bloom
Winter’s kept you
Don’t waste your whole life trying
To get back what was taken away

Ha! A song with my name in it! So what it's not spelled right. So now after all is said and done, I think I'll self proclaim this KRISTY(I) WEEK! I hope you all enjoy it :)

1 comment:

Macie said...

Ah, I loved EA. That no badgers thing was funny. It was funny because you had the letters on your behinds!! Also, the theme was "no badgers" because we played against Snow College and their mascot is the badgers! Man, those were fun times.