Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Brooklyn!

We all had so much fun on Brooklyn's b-day trip! I told Mike that we needed to say "Yes" to as many things as we could on our vacation with her. We wanted to make it so much fun and memorable and I really hope we achieved that and these memories will be with her forever.

We started out by leaving Monday for our hotel that was walking distance away from Disneyland. When we checked in we got dressed for Huntington Beach which was only a half hour away. It was kind of cold so we kept shirts/sweaters on.


However, Brooklyn fell in the water with her sweater on and got too cold. She mellowed out after a while and we built a sandcastle and played with bubbles before we left.


The next day was Brooklyn's birthday! We got up early to get into Disneyland as soon as we could. She got a pin at the ticket window that said "Happy Birthday" and they put her name on it so that any of the cast members we met would all say "Happy Birthday Brooklyn" and she would say "They know it's my birthday! They knew I was coming!"

She thought this was just for her.

Of course we met Tinker Bell. We got an autograph book for her so she could get all the characters' signatures.
She wanted to ride with Daddy for Autopia.
She got her face painted while Daddy waited in line for the Matterhorn and almost ended up going by himself on the ride.
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E! Brooklyn can even spell his name!
Minnie was next door so we couldn't miss her.
Goofy lives across the street. He really was goofy. I haven't met the characters since I was a kid so this was an awesome experience for me too. To be honest I almost cried when I met Tinker Bell. I guess I got a little star struck. (I wonder what would happen if I met a famous actor/actress. I'd probably fall apart. How embarrassing)
I'm not aloud to do this ride. I'm glad they had fun doing it!
I love this picture!
Brooklyn got to be on Daddy's shoulders during the parade. After a few minutes she asked to go back to the rides. She didn't want to stay and watch them dance in the street. The new parade isn't that amazing.
Anytime we got close to getting on a ride, this is what Brooklyn would do. She doesn't like loud noises, but she likes going fast!
This is in line for our last ride at 11:30 at night. I can't believe she lasted this long! Our last ride was the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. She said she didn't like it, but I really think she didn't like having to wake up to go on a fast ride. So then we left in time for the park to close at midnight. Amazingly she walked all the way back to the hotel.
I think I can safely say that 5 years old is the perfect age to bring a child to Disneyland! She was able to do all the rides and WANTED to. She never backed out once. She did cry after Splash Mountain, but not because of being all wet or because of the big scary drop, but because the vultures laughed at her and were mean. It was cues like this through out the day that made us decide against trying the Haunted Mansion. I'm so proud of her and how brave she was. She didn't give us any problems and was so much fun to watch and discover what a wonderful place Disneyland is. We had so much fun and have lots more pictures. These are just the highlights of our day. I'm so glad we took Brooklyn. Now it's going to be hard for just Mike and I to go by ourselves with Brooklyn knowing just what were up to. It truly is the happiest place on earth!

3 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

how fun :) I LOVE Disneyland :)

Sam and Sarah Rogers- Est. 2003- said...

What a great birthday...good job...she'll remember that forever. You guys are awesome...and I loved the pictures of Mike and Brookly...priceless...you look great too.

Stephanie Evans said...

What a fun trip! I still remember my first time to Disneyland... prob because I've only been back one other time! Now I'm itchin' to go! Your daughter sure is lucky to have such cool parents :)