Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Meatloaf beatloaf, double meatloaf . . .


















Why is it that when kids have meat-loaf, they make it look as disgusting as possible and then don't eat it.  It could have lettuce, ketchup, pickles, and a bun on it and they still won't eat it.  I'll admit I added the spoon to recreate the "Christmas Story" scene (minus the mashed potatoes on top of the spoon), but really, it just looks gross on her plate.  Needless to say, she only had a few bites, but that's been happening a lot lately.  She is not mommy's little piggy!



We had the neighbor kids over today. I couldn't help but think of my friends who have their babies one after another and think, "So
 this is what it's like to have 5 kids 5 years old and under."  I'm glad Brooklyn was able to have some fun this week with friends. It was sad this morning when she said, "Mom, can we have some fun today?"  You have to understand, she has been around kids as much as a full time job for at least half of her life.  Taking her away from that has been quite the shock to her system.  Thank goodness for neighbors!  

1 comment:

Stefanie Cross said...

It is good you have great neighbors! I wish I leaved near you and had kids....then our kids could play! Hope you are having fun!