Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hooray for 10Ks!

Some of you may know that for the past 10 weeks I've been in training for the London's Run 10K. Well, the event was last Saturday and I did it! I can't believe I actually did it. It took a lot of hard work and motivation to go running on those cold, dark mornings. I just kept going, mostly because the fat was melting off me like butter. I was losing at least 1/2 a pound every time I ran so I didn't want to stop. For those who may be interested, here's the program I followed.

http://rununiversity.com/couchtok.html

Here are my results:
Chest: -1 inch
Waist: -1 inch
Hips: -2.25 inches
Thigh: - 1.5 inches
Total lbs lost: 20!!!!
Time for the 10K: 1hr 5min 5sec
(That's an average of less than 10 min for a mile. I started out killing myself to just do 13 min miles)

Thanks Erin for being my rock! I wouldn't have made it to the event if it weren't for you. Thanks Mike for supporting me in this even though you had to get up some mornings before you wanted to take care of the kids and for buying me awesome running shoes. Thanks Melissa and Jen for being my fitness gurus and your great advice. Thanks to all the bands on my playlist: Jimmy Eat World, All-American Rejects, Kings of Leon, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Paramore, Guster, Rascal Flatts, Savage Garden, and yes, even Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana. Only 3 more events to do this year and I'll have met my goal.


8 comments:

Erin Noel said...

It was so worth it after seeing the physical results of all that hard work! Like you I lost a lot of inches and weight now I just have to maintain what I gained with running and keep losing off my body! But having you as a running partner made it so much easier to keep going!

spenceandbon said...

Wow! Great job Kristi! A 10k? Wow! I'm training for a 5k right now and that's plenty! By the way, we have a blog now. Check your email for an invite. Love ya!

Bonnie

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

you go girl!!!! You are so awesome!!! I want to be like you :)

Stefanie Cross said...

Yea! Nice job! That is awesome! I should have come out and watched the race! Next time let me know! I'll be there! Go Krisit! You rock!

Macie said...

Holy cow! You are my hero!! Congrats on the good time and weight loss. I want to play with you and your girlies. Wish I lived closer. :( And this might be a stupid question but what's a diape & wipe??

JoDee said...

WHOOOO HOOOO!!! You go girlie! That's absolutely fantastic! I thought I'd do a 5K when we were there in AZ but I was a weakling...and then I got pregnant and used that as my cop-out. Hmmm...what can I use as my excuse now? :) You are a rock...way to go!

Becca Bingham said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm going to try this now! It's always nice to have a program. Now I need to find someone to do it with me.

Natalie said...

Good job Kristi! That is awesome. You are an inspiration to me. I got to lose this baby weight!!