Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Movie Review!


(Spoiler Alert!)

So I rented this movie in need of a romantic story.  Richard Gere has a pretty good record at being in the center of  romantic movies (i.e. First Knight, Pretty Woman, Runaway Bride, etc.) So I felt pretty safe knowing this would turn out to be good.  I didn't know anything about the story only that the woman's "life would be changed forever."  Typical story, boy and girl meet at beach house, girl going through a divorce, boy widowed or divorced, I can't remember . . . they fall in love, only to separate back to their homes at the peak of romance. The whole "absence makes the heart grow fonder" theme takes place.  They write letters to each other and it is so mushy I love it.  Finally, boy plans to come back to girl forever, but never makes it.  He dies in a mudslide!  What the heck.  I didn't want a sad love story.  I wanted a happily ever after love story.  I mean, it ends well, closure and all with ponies running on the beach, but man,  I wasn't looking to cry that night.  So if you want a good tear jerker, mushy and gushy with romance, rent this one, just plan on being sad. **** (4/5)

2 comments:

Our Family said...

I hated it... I have told people not to watch it because most people don't want a sad love story. Some people like it cuz they think it's more realistic but I think not. I give it 1 star. :)

Natalie said...

I was wondering about that movie. It sounds like it will be one I'll have to watch alone. Dan is never up for crying. HA HA!