Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'M FREE!

So Sunrise Preschool has been Brooklyn and my day home Monday thru Friday for the last 16 months without more than 3 weekdays off the whole time we were there.  And now, I'm free!!! For the next 8 days I'm jobless, well, with the exception of packing and moving to family campus life.  
I don't have to watch 20 kids at a time all by myself for 7 hours straight anymore.    
I'm glad I won't have to worry about coming into work at 6am 
or stay till 6pm 
or working 11 hour days, 
or watching another class because someone called in "sick."  
I don't have to solve other teachers' or the directors' problems 
or dish out lunch while my class runs wild.  
No more lessons plans, 
no more lunchtime trainings, 
no more laundry day!  
I'm FREE!!!! I'm very excited to start my new job at Noah Webster Basic on my birthday of all days. Although I'll be trading one "teaching" job for another, I'm glad this one is more structured and education oriented.  Just the experience I was looking for.  Wish me luck in our new life!  Things are about to change . . .

2 comments:

Addy said...

Congrats on the freedom, new place and new job! Always exciting things individually, but together - even more! My sister, bro-in-law and nephew are moving to the same student housing tomorrow. I'm sure they'll be in your new ward, keep an eye out for them. Their last name is Pout... he has a British accent.

Cath said...

Sounds like a welcome break! Do you guys need help moving?? I volunteer Curt.