Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Out and About with Kristi

I had my day off for MKL Jr. day a day later than everybody else so on Tuesday morning Kristi and I went out. First we went to Al's which is basically a huge lot of wood, doors, and various other things. We were looking for crown molding and they had a ton and it was super cheap (Thanks for the heads up, Kristyn!). Then we went to a couple antique malls to look for cool thing. Many were found but none were bought. Then we were hungry so I saw a giant yellow and orange barrel that was advertising carne asada. I, never having eaten food that came from a barrel, was convinced this is what we needed to eat and Kristi was totally game. The carne asada was awesome (better than Filiberto's even). Then on the way home after eating we made another stop at the old Buckhorn Baths on Main/Apache Trail because I wanted to take pics with our new camera. I'm still learning how to use it well but I have fun doing it. I processed some of them in Photoshop and left most of them raw. What do you think? Enjoy!






4 comments:

Shelley Goodman said...

Those kind of days are the best! Where is Al's located?

Kristi said...

Shelley - It's between Crismon and Ellsworth on Apache Trail. I don't recommend anyone to bring their kids to Al's. It's got a lot of old and dirty stuff and it can be like a labyrinth in some areas. But it's the best place to find home improvement project pieces!

Shelley Goodman said...

sweet, thanks!

Stephanie Shumway said...

I love this area of town. totally old school. love the pics- I'll be visiting Als soon... can't wait to eat from the barrel. that's totally my thing... not eating from a barrel, mind you, but anything weird- I'm all for it. thanks for the heads up. Time to post again :) Get on that!