Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fablehaven

Just finished reading this book. This is actually the 2nd volume. Yes, I've been sucked into another series that apparently hasn't been finished yet. It's a great easy read and very imaginative. I'd place it up there with Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia. Lots of magic and mystery for a couple of middle school aged kids. Lots of good twists and irony. Not as predictable as you would imagine. I often get caught up in the climax really worried, not knowing how it will turn out. Who knew reading a book could also raise your heart rate? :) I happened to pick this volume up at Costco for $4.97 (paperback). I love good cheap books. I think I'll go back and just buy the series. I'm sure Brooklyn would like to read it one day.

1 comment:

Cath said...

We love the books! The last one of the series came out last week. Jake already finished it and I am reading it now. Enjoy the rest! If you want to borrow them, let me know.