Thursday, September 17, 2009

New obsession

My new obsession is my new diet. Weight Watchers! I can't say I'm an actual member, but my mil lent me some of her stuff on how to get started and keeping track of points. The first day I "tried" it I just ate like I normally do and wrote it all down. At the end of the day I added up the points. Woah! I can see where my problem is. I'm a snacker! I'm glad I have the points to keep track of everything now and if you know me, I love to make lists. This diet is right up my ally. Since starting on Sept. 1st I've lost 5 lbs already! I'm not going to meetings or weighing in anywhere, but I've got some friends who are doing it online so we are always talking about it and I've signed up for free emails from the WW website to help me with recipe ideas. I'm nervous about the holidays, but I'm glad I'm getting used to it now and not in the middle of the 6 month candy rush (Halloween to Easter). Wish me luck and check it out!

4 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

good luck :) Weight watchers is great!!! I'm doing a "modified" weight watchers program right now, mostly counting calories instead of points, but trying to follow an old program they had called core. We'll make it through the holidays!! ... if it kills me anyways!

Adam and Jess said...

Good for you!! 5 pounds, I wish. I'm the same way. I don't usually go crazy for meals (unless eating out at a restaurant) but snacks kill me. Good luck.

Macie said...

That's awesome! I have heard Weight Watchers is great, lots of people are successful. You go girl! I think I should join you. . .

JoDee said...

You go girlie - that's so great! We've been doing a bit of dieting ourselves - it's amazing how much a difference writing things down makes. I should have written down yesterday, but alas, 6 no-bakes later... :)