Tuesday, December 30, 2008

How can you mix up night and day?

Our little Taylor turned 5 weeks old today.  I am now coming to grips and accepting fully that she has night and day totally mixed up. I had it coming.  Brooklyn was such a good baby and easy to keep on a schedule that I knew this one would be different.  Not only does she want to play at night, but she also must eat more at night, then sleeps pretty much the whole day.  For instance, last night I was up every hour and a half to feed her.  That means get up at 1, feed and change her (takes about a half hour) then attempt to go back to sleep, only to be woken up 45 min to an hour later to do it all again at 3:30.  This lasted till 8am when the sun is up and smiling and my eyes are rolling so bad I can't even read what's on the tv guide channel anymore. That's when Brooklyn gets up and wants breakfast and watches Sesame Street so I guess it doesn't really matter anyways what show I get to semi sleep through.  Once breakfast is on the table my day starts and there is no turning back.  

Now I sit here, 11pm, feeding Taylor, typing one handed, dreading to go to bed knowing what kind of routine awaits me in just a few short minutes. Feel free to drop any advice. I'm not quite desperate, but I can feel the time soon coming.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you terrify me. i have THREE coming. good luck. :)

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

So good to hear from you :) & CONGRATS on your new little girl!! She is adorable & those pictures that Traci took are so precious! I'm so glad she is finally home & that everything is ok. Its so scary having a baby early! I'm sorry you had to go through all of that, but glad you are both doing well. so is having 2 as scary as I think it is? I think I'm content with this one for awhile :)
Hope your New Year is fantastic & filled with happiness!!
Julia